Many of you must be knowing what is favicon ? but for those who don’t know I have written some basics about it.
What is Favicon ?
Basically ,Favicon is short for Favorite Icon. It is also well know for the URL icon.It is small 16 x 16 pixels picture at the corner of some URL’s.
How to Add Favicon to WordPress Blog ?
So the simplest way doing this is -
1) Create Your Favicon :
You can create your favicon on the sites mentioned below -
2) Download the picture in .ico format :
3) Once you have done with favicon generation ‘Login to your cpanel
- Go to File Manager
- Select Web Root ( public_html/www) click on ‘GO’
- Click on ‘ public_html ‘
- There you have to click on ‘ wp-content ‘
- Then click on ’ themes ‘
- Go to your current theme folder ( theme which you have activated for your wp blog )
- Upload your favicon image there
4) Now ’ login to wordpress ‘
- Got to ’Appearance ‘
- In appearance go to ‘ Editor ‘
- Go to ‘ Header ‘( header.php )
- Paste the below code in between <head > and </head >
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico">
- save changes