Security agencies are fast adopting modern technology in their operations. Along with the latest weapons both lethal and non-lethal, communication equipment plays an important role in securing their subjects. In the last few decades, we have seen great improvement in communication technology with the entry of modern communication equipment that allows agents to communicate with their team members in the most demanding of situations. There are a number of global brands that produce communication equipment among which ICOM is one name that agencies trust. Let us now take a look at ICOM communication devices and accessories that security agencies bank on.
ICOM Earpiece/Headsets – When it comes to any radio sets earpieces are a very important accessory used by agents in most urban scenarios. There is a wide range of earpieces that ICOM has on offer. These include Double PTT ICOM Radio Earpiece with High Impact Polycarbonate Microphone, Heavy Duty Kevlar Speaker with High Impact Polycarbonate Microphone and ICOM Radio Motorcycle Helmet Headset which are very popular with the security agencies. They are more compatible with a wide range of ICOM radios than these ICOM headsets are compatible with. Here are some of the advantages of these earpieces and headsets.
• The earpiece is made of high-quality cables that offer good strain relief and protect the cable from damage even in the most demanding of circumstances.
• These earpieces are designed to seal in your ear canal and come with a large high impact polycarbonate microphone / PTT that allows uninterrupted communication and also cancels the surrounding noise.
• Most of the parts along with the acoustic tube can be detached and replaced in case they get damaged making them highly cost-effective.
• ICOM earpiece can be used by security agents and also nightclub bodyguards and door supervisors.
ICOM Batteries – Apart from the headsets another thing that makes ICOM such popular with security agents are its batteries Uses the highest quality graded and sorted Japanese cells. The 2000mAh battery that the brand sells is most popular as they are compatible with a wide range of radio sets including F14, F15, F16, F24, F25, F26, F33, F34, F43, F44 and A14.Here are some of the features and advantages of ICOM batteries.
• These batteries use the highest quality graded and sorted Japanese cells that provide excellent discharge characteristics.
• These batteries make use of ultrasonic wave technology.
• They are made of high-impact ABS and Polycarbonate plastic polymers for ruggedness.
• All these batteries have been comprehensively tested including high altitude performance, vibration, mechanical shock, thermal cycling, and external short circuit and overcharge test simulations.
• The company guarantees these batteries to maintain 90% of their rated capacity for 12 months from first use.
• Priced at £29.99 or so they are cost-effective and competitively priced when compared to other brands selling similar batteries.
With all these advantages ICOM batteries and headsets count as some of the most used communication equipment by security agencies, night clubs, sporting arenas and all other places where communication equipment is used.
Stuart Hopes is a technology editor by profession. He has spent over two decades in the industry and regularly writes on the latest communication equipment that is available in the market. His experience and his honed art of writing have drawn a lot of attention from blog readers, here he discusses ICOM batteries, ICOM earpieces,s, and Icom headsets.